Leftover Stir Fry (Green Papaya)
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (I like flat leaf, use what you have that is green and leafy)
- 1 cup papaya, shredded (or a root veggie or cabbage or mung bean sprouts or ??)
- 1⁄2 cup bread, crumbled (preferably a hearty bread, if not use rice or pasta or ??)
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup turkey (beef, fish or whatever you have even an egg)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or the oil you like)
- 2 tablespoons oriental sauce (I had a little of one I had used but not finished...if you have none, make it up)
- Heat a wok. If you don't have one, use a large fry pan.
- Add the oil, onion, ginger and garlic and stir.
- Add the green papaya (or what you have substituted). Stir.
- Add the bread, mushrooms and protein. Stir.
- Top with the parsley and sauce. Stir.
- Serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.