- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teasponn sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups beef broth, heated
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked lamb
- In a pan put oilive oil; add onions.
- Sir in flour, sugar, curry powder, broth and celery. Cook and stir until thick (you can vary the amount of flour/broth to suit your taste).
- Add lamb.
- Simmer --try not to let the onions and celery become mushy.
- Just before serving, I add white raisins and dried McIntosh apples. They add another layer of flavor and a chrispy texture. You may want to serve with a long grain wild rice. Also side dishes of crushed salted peanuts, chopped green pepper, chopped egg whites, crumbled cooked egg yolks, or toasted coconut flakes to be sprinkled on top!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!