Kung Pao Shrimp
Now there's no reason to buy take out.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 2 teaspoons szechuan peppercorns
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb broccoli floret, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup roasted chopped peanuts (optional)
- hot cooked rice
- In a medium bowl, mix broth, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, sugar, crushed red pepper, sesame oil and salt.
- Heat oil in a small wok or deep skillet over high heat. Add broccoli, carrot, ginger and garlic to pan. Stir-fry until garlic begins to brown and broccoli and carrots are crisp tender.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Stir broth mixture into pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer until thick, about 1 minute.
- Top with green onions and peanuts. Serve with hot rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION