Kung Pao Scallops
photo by Sommer Clary
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (preferably Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 whole dried red chili pods
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs scallops (the small ones)
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- 1 teaspoon green onion, sliced, for garnish
- For the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, chili sauce, vinegar, and sugar. In a separate small bowl, mix together the water and the cornstarch; set aside.
- In a wok, turn the heat onto high and add the oil, when the wok is smoking hot, add the dried chili pods to toast (they are done when they turn dark).
- Add the garlic and onion, stir for 3 seconds, then add the scallops (note: make sure the scallops have been thawed and thoroughly drained in a colander before adding them to the wok).
- Add the kung pao sauce and the cornstarch mixture and stir in the wok until the scallops are cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!