Kudzu Rice Quiche
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 lb fresh young kudzu leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream or 6 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce (or hot sauce of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan or use an 8- or 9-inch square cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 egg; add rice and Swiss cheese.
- Stir well.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan, making a crust.
- Refrigerate until ready to fill and bake.
- Cook kudzu leaves in a small amount of water, press to remove moisture and chop fine.
- Add butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining 3 eggs.
- Stir in salt, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, hot sauce and nutmeg.
- When it's blended, stir in kudzu.
- Pour into prepared rice crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until firm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!