MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Easy, tasty, cheaper version of real east coast style crab cakes. If using real crab, be GENTLE with mixing so as not to break up precious lumps. Serve with tartar sauce. Prep/cook time does not include 30 mins. of chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped to rice-like consistency in food processor
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs or 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- flour, for dredging
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Mix well all ingredients except flour and oil.
- Shape krab mixture into four large patties.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour or longer.
- Drege each pattie in flour, coating thoroughly.
- Fry patties in hot oil until nicely browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I had a bunch of imitation crab left over from sushi night that I had no idea what to do with.. these were really, really good. The flavour was great and they made a nice dinner with salad and spaghetti squash. My only compaint is that they didn't hold together well enough. Next time I will add more binding agent (breadcrumbs, maybe another egg)... Thanks!Reply