Kick-Butt (vegan!) Key Lime Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 package Mori-Nu extra firm lite tofu
- 8 ounces soy cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice or 1/2 cup reg lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grate lime rind
- 1 package mori-nu mates vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package mori-nu mates lemon pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (I make my own.)
- Drain excess water from tofu.
- Blend tofu with lime juice in food processor or blender until completely creamy and smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients; re-blend til smooth.
- Pour into pie shell and chill 2-3 hours.
- If I could just find some good vegan"whipped cream" that would make it total heaven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I substituted another pudding for the one suggested, and it didn't set right. We had to keep it frozen in order to keep it solid, but that turned out to be just as good! Other than that, it was excellent! Next time I make it, I'll try to find the right pudding :) A good vegan whip cream: skim the creamy stuff off the top of a can of coconut milk, and whip with vanilla and powdered sugar.