Keto Bread Recipe With Active Yeast
photo by Louise in Montreal
- Ready In:
6 hamburger bun
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Bring water to near boil and add vinegar.
- In a mixing device (I use my Kenwood Chef mixing machine but a mixer with a dough beater attachment should do it), pour the dry ingredients and mix at a medium-low speed; gradually add the hot water and vinegar solution.
- Add each egg white, one at a time until the paste is back to an elastic texture before adding the next egg white. Do not mix too much, the dough should be soft and homogenous.
- On a cooking sheet covered with parchemin paper, divide the dough in 6 equal parts and with your hands moistened with water, form your 6 hamburger buns. You could also use oven-proof muffin molds if you want.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 50 min or until there is a hollow sound after tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Let the buns cool before handling, cutting or tasting them. This recipe should be used only to make hamburger buns type of bread, not the slicing bread type, as the oven heat is important to cook the inside as well as the outside of the buns. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love Julia Child, Jehanne Benoit and Ricardo. In January 2019, I started a keto diet which turned into a lifestyle. Here, I am giving my preferred recipes with my occasional modifications. Most of them can be found on youtube and in other websites.