Keralan Chicken Curry With Mango
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 12 curry leaves
- 2 kg boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 3⁄4 cups coconut milk
- 2 large mangoes, cubed
- Combine coriander seeds, black peppercorns and turmeric powder. Grind to a paste with a little water and set aside.
- Heat oil and saute the mustard seeds until they crackle. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and curry leaves, and saute until the onions become translucent. Add the chicken and saute until golden brown.
- Add the curry paste mix, and saute for another minute, stirring constantly to avoid sticking. Add the vinegar and 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and mango cubes and salt to taste.
- Gently simmer for a further 5 minutes, taking car not to allow the coconut milk to boil.
- Serve with rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love trying different kinds of food, playing with flavours. I inherited it from my dad. We used to spend every Sunday, cooking something new. It was like a special day for us to spend time together. Apart from cooking, I also love travelling. My favourite places are Jamaica, and Morocco. Nothing like sitting by the side of the road somewhere, eating Jerk Chicken or a Moroccan Sandwich!