Kentucky Yeast Rolls
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- Warm milk, sugar, salt, and shortening in microwave for 1-2 min.
- Let cool.
- Shortening need not be melted.
- Set aside.
- Put 2 cups flour inbowl.
- Add yeast,egg and liquid ingredients.
- Using electric mixer,beat well.
- Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time until mixer can no longer turn.
- Then stir with wooden spoon.
- Let dough rest 15 minutes on floured board.
- Knead 15-20 times.
- Coat dough by rolling in butter-greased bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- On floured board, knead 10times.
- Make balls.
- Place in greased pan.
- Let rise 1-2 hours or untildough doubles.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, butter top of rolls.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!