Kale With Cannellini Beans
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 lbs kale or 1 1/2-2 lbs mixed greens, with ribs and stems removed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 plump garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked cannellini beans, rinsed well if canned
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Simmer the kale in salted water until tender, 7-10 minutes.
- Drain, reserving the cooking water, and chop the leaves.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in the oil with the garlic, pepper flakes, and rosemary for about 3 minutes. Add the wine and cook until reduced to a syrupy sauce.
- Add the beans, kale, and enough of the cooking water to keep the mixture loose.
- Heat through, taste for salt and season with pepper and a dusting of Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am tri-vocational. I am an adjunct professor of women and gender studies, spiritual partner, and freelance writer/editor. I love reading, writing, cooking, baking, drumming, time with friends, my wife, and our two cats. I am passionate about life. I am not sure i have any pet peeves, however, I like to surround myself with loving spirits and positive energy. What inspires me to cook is life. I am always willing to push myself out of my comfort zone and learn more about the world and ingredients through my cooking.</p>