Judy's Chicken Dorito Casserole
photo by Flavor Diva
- Ready In:
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 5 ounces skim milk (1/2 soup can)
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (13 ounce) bag plain Doritos
- 6 ounces salsa
- Cut up chicken into 1 inch cubes and cook in microwave for 15 minutes or boil. drain chicken.
- Add both soup cans, 1/2 can of milk, green chilies, onion flakes, and red pepper flakes to the chicken. Combine to make your chicken mixture.
- Put handful of chips on the bottom of a 9"x13" pan and crush lightly. Scoop 1/2 of chicken mixture over chips. Spread 1/2 the cheese over chicken mixture. Add another uncrushed layer of chips. Top with another layer of the remaining chicken mixture and cheese.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is awesome. I have been making one similar to this for years. I use shredded leftover rotiserrie chicken instead of cubes. I often use fresh roasted dynamite chiles that I get every fall from a local farmers market or I deep fry 2 jalapenos, peel them and dice them up. Thanks so much for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
When I can steal time I love to cook. My favorite way to spend an evening is to enjoy it with Food, Friends, Family, and a good wine. We live in beautiful Southern California and enjoy year round fresh fruits and veggies. My cooking influences are English, Caribbean, & French, with a dash of Southern comfort food. I am always looking for the healthier version of great meals and the nutritional information on this site is fantastic! I am so glad to find this website as it is so simple for me to organize my creations, get new ones, and simplify my trips to the grocery store.