Jin's Bangtan-Mu Rice
Another recipe from the cooking king of BTS, this is a nice dish that can be served on the side with any meal. Again, I veganized this puppy, but here's the link to the original recipe if you're curious: http://bts-trans.tumblr.com/post/86111568880/140518-bangtan-mu-rice-jins-blog-post
- Ready In:
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 servings extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Tonkatsu sauce (mix together ingredients below)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Stir-fry onion and carrot in oil for 5-7 minute.
- Add tofu and stir.
- Add rice and vegetable broth, mixing thoroughly.
- Let simmer until dish is thick and sticky (usually takes 20 min.).
- While the food is simmering, combine all ingredients for Tonkatsu sauce, heating up on a skillet or in the microwave until sugar is dissolved.
- Once the rice mixture has thickened and finished cooking, separate into bowls and pour sauce over each serving.