Ji Dan Bao / Dan Cai Bao (Egg and Cabbage Bun)
- Ready In:
4-8 filled buns
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 4 teaspoons diced gingerroot or 4 teaspoons pureed gingerroot
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 -6 diced scallions or 1/2 cup diced leek
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage or 1/2 head bok choy, chopped coarsely
- 3 -4 large eggs
- Heat peanut oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add 2/3 of the ginger, all the garlic, and stirfry for 1-2 minutes to bring out flavor.
- Add leeks or scallions. Stirfry for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Break eggs over wok, stirfry until almost done, 3 - 5 minutes depending on how hot your wok and oil are.
- Add soy sauce, remaining ginger, and cabbage. Stirfry until cabbage begins to get tender, 5 - 10 minutes. Add oil, water, or spice as needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Student of many obscure academic fields, aspiring cook, all around oddball. Currently in China until mid-July -- so thank you for trying all my recipes while I'm gone, and I hope to come back with new ingredients all over the place!