Recipe source: Shopper's newsletter
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 29mins
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -5 scotch bonnet peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 -4 allspice berries, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 lbs pork chops (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl combine oil and vinegar. Stir in the next 9 ingredients (green onions - nutmeg).
- Trim fat from pork chops and then place them in a large baggie or marinating dish.
- Pour spice mixture over pork chops and then place bag or dish in a large baking pan and place in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, turning every 4 hours.
- Allow pork chops to come to room temperature before grilling.
- Place chops on a prepared grill and cover with the lid.
- Grill 5-10 minutes per side or until done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION