Jazzed up Peas and Pearls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
You can use frozen or fresh peas, depending on the season. This will brighten up your meal! From Southern Living magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 (14 ounce) packages frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Melt the butter with the 1 tbls. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the thawed onions and sugar; saute 5 to 7 minutes or until onions are caramel colored.
- Add the 2 packages of thawed peas and lemon juice; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley, 2 tbls. butter, and dill. Add salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION