Jamie's Roasted Sweet Garlic Soup
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 200 C or 400 degrees F.
- Bake the garlic cloves for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Break the bread into small pieces and soak in the milk.
- Using a food processor, blend the almonds until fine.
- Throw in the soaked bread and the soft inside of the roasted garlic.
- Add a little chicken stock or water and blend.
- When you have a fine purée, gradually add in enough stock or water to make a nice, thick, soup.
- Finish by seasoning with salt and pepper and a good drizzle of sherry vinegar and olive oil.
- Garnish with some green grapes and chopped marjoram on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me and my husband in Portugal, climbing up above the clouds with our bikes. Right now we are travelling around the world on our bicycles, so I only pop onto Zaar occasionally, when internet connections and time allow me to. If I don't reply to a message about one of my recipes, now you know why! Our trip may take several years so if it's urgent, it's probably better for you to post in the forums ;) Good food is really important to me -- I am happy to pay extra for food that I feel is produced in a sustainable and ethical way and always try to eat using seasonal produce. When we were in the UK we rarely shopped at supermarkets, trying instead to favour small producers, although we were very lucky in that we lived in London and there was lots of choice. We also were fortunate enough to have a weekly organic veg box delivered to our door, filled with so many lovely vegetables for very little money. It really opened my horizons in terms of the variety of vegetables I eat. If you're in the UK, check out Riverford for a box supplier as they're amazing! When I'm not eating I love to take pictures and travel with my husband. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif">