This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked, cubed
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- Heat butter in tight, fully covered saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic, cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and juice and bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle rice on top of tomatoes.
- Add salt, pepper cayenne and soup mix.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Then add green pepper, celery, parsley and basil.
- If necessary, add a little water or tomato juice and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and add shrimp, chicken and juices, sliced mushrooms.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes 350°F till shrimp are cooked, but not overdone.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 7 more