Jalapeno Chicken Wraps
photo by Nimz_
- Ready In:
2 1/2 dozen
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 small purple onion, cut into strips
- 15 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 lb of shaved smoked ham (I used Petite Jean Smoked Ham. You can also use thin sliced bacon or prosciutto)
- bleu cheese salad dressing
- Cut chicken into 2 in strips that will fit the size of your pepper. (The size of the chicken strips will depend on how large your peppers are, so use your judgment. Even if they are bigger than the pepper, just tuck in what ever overlaps and it works fine).
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic powder,onion powder, pepper, seasoned salt and paprika.
- Add Chicken and shake to coat.
- Place a chicken and onion strip in each jalapeno half. (If you don't like your onion a little crispy, saute in 1 tbl of butter for 2-3 minutes to soften).
- Wrap each pepper with a slice or two of the shaved smoked ham, enough to cover the entire pepper and place on baking sheet. You will need toothpicks if you use bacon or the prosciutto.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake peppers for 20-25 minutes or until the ham is slightly browned and chicken juice runs clear.
You can also grill these:
- Spray your grill with Pam.
- Grill peppers uncovered, over indiredct medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and ham is slightly brown.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- For a variety, try sprinkling some Italian Bread Crumbs on top before adding the ham It adds to the flavor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these for the football game yesterday, and ate them all day. Didn't even need the dipping sauce. I tried ham along with bacon, and was surprised when I enjoyed the ham more. My boyfriend said they needed some cheese in there, but I thought they were perfect as is. I will definately be making these little buggers again for the next game!
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.