- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless pork or 1 lb veal cutlet
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 5 slices bacon (diced)
- 4 ounces sweet onions (chopped)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 12 ounces gravy (jar)
- 1 dash thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Pound cutlets with a meat tenderizer to flatten them.
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper, dredge them in beaten eggs and then coat evenly with bread crumbs.
- Place cutlets into oil in skillet.
- Fry until golden brown (1 or 2 minutes on each side).
- Remove the meat from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Keep the meat warm in the oven while you make the gravy. I set the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauté bacon, onions, and mushrooms until golden brown.
- Add gravy and sauté over a low heat.
- Add thyme, paprika, parsley, pepper, and salt.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour gravy over Schnitzel just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, garden, fish, hunt, and golf. I enjoy all sports and love the outdoors.