Jack Daniel's Tipsy Cake
I wanted to post this so I don't ever lose it again. In college, my bestest friend, Alan, and I visited the Opryland Hotel with his parents at Christmas. In one of the gift shops in the hotel, they sell these, as well as at the little shop in Lynchburg. She served this cake and coffee after we got back to their place and opened presents. It was glorious (and not cheap by any means). So, I came home and started searching, playing, and experimenting. I found this through Google and it's exactly like what we had that night. If you're wondering what it's like..think chocolate-coffee-flavored cake on a bender. YUM!
- Ready In:
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup jack daniel's black label whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter (use real butter, plz)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees, depending on how your oven bakes (it's different for everyone!).
- Melt chocolate and set aside to cool down a bit.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in the boiling water. When dissolved, stir in the cold water. Add the whiskey and set aside.
- In a large electric mixer, cream the butter, vanilla, and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the chocolate.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour alternating with the coffee/whiskey mixture.
- ****The batter WILL BE THIN & RUNNY.**** Do NOT add more flour.
- Pour into two prepared loaf pans (I always make one small and one large-one to keep, one to give away.).
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about an hour to an hour and a half. Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when serving.