Jack Daniel's Spectacular Sauce
photo by jlindeman6713
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- Rub saucepan with garlic; discard garlic.
- Melt two tablespoons butter; stir in flour.
- Slowly add broth, stirring constantly.
- Add parsley; cook until thickened, then set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in one tablespoon butter until tender.
- Add the Jack Daniel's Whiskey and the thickened broth.
- Simmer several minutes over low heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I used to be very active here, recent site changes have made that impossible. So sad that Scripps eliminated our forums and alienated both the hosts and participants.</p>