Italian Braised Pork Loin
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: One Pot of the Day’
- Ready In:
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, 2-2 1/2 lb
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 3 -4 cups milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- Season the pork generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large, heavy pot, warm the oil over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook, stirring often, until crisp, 2-3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Raise the heat to med-high.
- Add the pork to the fat in the pot and cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a plate.
- Pour off the fat from the pot and return to med-high heat.
- Add 3 cups of the milk and stir to scrape up any browned bits on the pan bottom.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the garlic, reserved bacon, and the pork to the pot.
- Partially cover and cook over very low heat until the pork is tender and the milk has reduced and thickened, about 2 hours.
- During the final 30 minutes of cooking, check the milk level and, if necessary, warm some of the remaining milk and add to the pork.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and cut crosswise into slices about ½ inch thick,.
- Arrange the slices on a platter, top with the sauce and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION