Instant Pot Spaghetti & Meatballs
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups marinara sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, pesto, egg, breadcrumbs, 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Mix well with clean hands and form in to 8 meatballs.
- Add olive oil and ¼ cup of marinara sauce to the bottom of the inner pot and set Instant Pot to Sauté function. Cook meatballs for 2 to 3 minutes. Shake the pot gently to make sure the meatballs aren’t sticking to the bottom.
- Press Cancel. Scatter the pasta over the meatballs, layer in opposite directions to prevent the pasta from clumping together. Top pasta with remaining 1 cup of sauce, followed by 2 cups of water.
- Cover and lock the lid in place, set to Pressure Cook on high pressure for 9 minutes. When the cook time is up, quick release the pressure. Remove the lid, pour pasta and meatballs out onto a large platter or serving dish. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Nutrition Info Per Serving: Serves: 4 (does not include Parmesan cheese) ; Calories: 611 ; Total Fat: 20 grams; Saturated Fat: 6 gram; Total Carbohydrate:72 grams; Sugars: 8 grams; Protein: 37 grams; Sodium: 794 milligrams; Cholesterol: 121 milligrams; Fiber: 3 grams.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!