Inside Surprise Hamburger - Sausage Patties
- Ready In:
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄4 lb bulk sausage
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper (ribs and seeds removed, and finely diced)
- 6 slices cheese (your favorite for a cheeseburger)
- seasoning, mix (recipe below)
- 3 -4 slices bacon (browned and crumbled) (optional)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon basil
- 1 pinch cinnamon (small pinch)
- 1 pinch thyme
- Prepare the seasoning mix by combining the brown sugar, paprika, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, red pepper, basil, cinnamon, and thyme into a small jar. Shake well to mix.
- Finely dice the onion and jalapeno.
- In a large bowl, mix the hamburger, sausage, jalapeno, and onion until well incorporated. (Also, mix in bacon if using.).
- Separate the mixture into 3 equal size parts. Then divide each part into half. This will give you 6 parts of meat mixture.
- Shape each meat mixture portion into a hamburger patty.
- Season the top of three meat patties with the seasoning mixture. Use as much or as little as you like -- your taste determines the amount of seasoning.
- Tear your cheese into slices, and place in the middle of the three patties that you seasoned the tops of. (If using bleu cheese place in center of patty in the shape of a mound.).
- Place the remaining unseasoned patties on top of the cheese, making sure to seal the edges of the patties together so the melted cheese will not run out while grilling. It is IMPORTANT to get the patties sealed together so the cheese stays inside when melted.
- Season the top of the combined patty (remember that you already seasoned the inside patty)with the seasoning mixture.
- Allow patties to sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so before grilling.
- Grill the patties until how you enjoy your hamburger cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook. My wife and I decided when we got married that I would do the cooking and she would do the cleaning. It has made a perfect union.