Inside out Carrot Cake Cookies
- Ready In:
1 1/2 dozen
- 1 1⁄8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup carrot (coursely grated)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 375. Butter 2 baking sheets
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt in a bowl.
- Beat together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in carrots, nuts and raisins at low speed, then add flour mixture until combined.
- Drop 1-1/2 tablespoons batter per cookie 2 inches apart on baking sheets and bake, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are lightly brown and springy to the touch, 12 to 16 minutes total.
- Cool cookies on sheets on rack for 1 minute, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- While cookies are baking, blend cream cheese and honey in a food processor until smooth
- Sandwich flat sides of cookies together with generous tablespoons of cream cheese filling between.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!