Indonesian Sweet Martabak / Terang Bulan
photo by Rondoletto
- Ready In:
- 300 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 g dry yeast
- 50 g sugar
- 4 eggs (Do NOT use eggs that are directly taken from refrigerator. Leave the eggs at room temperature at lea)
- 500 ml evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons full cream milk powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- condensed milk (Chocolate or Vanilla)
- chocolate sprinkles
- shredded cheddar cheese
- white sugar (optional)
- Warm the Evaporated Milk up but do NOT boil it.
- While waiting for the Evaporated Milk to get warm, you can put all the ingredients in a container except the margarine. (NOTE: Please use a big container since we need to whisk it later).
- Pour the warm Evaporated Milk to the container and start whisking until the ingredients get mixed perfectly. Don’t worry if there is a little residue left.
- Melt the Margarine on a pan.
- Take another BIG container and use a sieve to separate the fine mixture from the residue. (NOTE: the container must be quite large as the mixture will expand later on).
- Pour the melted Margarine to the fine mixture that has been sifted. Stir slowly for a while to mix the margarine.
- Let the fine mixture rest for 30 minutes. It’s important that you do not touch the mixture during this process since it may damage the yeast.
- After 30 minutes, heat up a frying pan at low heat and grease it well with margarine.
- Pour the mixture to the frying pan. The amount of the mixture depends on your preference.
- You can cover the frying pan with aluminium foil if you want to.
- Wait for it to be cooked until it is firm.
- Move it onto a plate and it’s ready for decoration.
- Spread the chocolate sprinkle and followed by the shredded cheese. After that, Pour the condensed milk on top of other toppings.
- Cut the Terang Bulan into half and fold it.
- You can spread a bit of margarine on top of the Terang Bulan to moist the surface.
- Cut it into pieces and ENJOY~ ^^.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!