Individual Dilled Salmon Pizzas
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces salmon fillets, skinless
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 4 pita bread, 7-inch
- 2 tablespoons jarred pimientos, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook salmon fillets your favourite way. You can heat oil in a frying pan and cook until lightly browned and just barely cooked through. You can also broil, poach or grill the salmon, whichever you prefer. Just remember to salt and pepper to taste. Break apart into semi-large chunks when cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix sour cream, lemon juice, green onion and dill. Spread a quarter of the mixture on each pita. Sprinkle evenly with pimentos and cooked salmon.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and then mozzarella. Cook directly on rack for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. By cooking the pita right on the rack, it will crisp up and not get soggy from the toppings.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then cut and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Simple to make for a quick lunch and absolutely delicious. I used a wholemeal/wholegrain lebanese bread (had run out of pitas) and a light sour cream and dried dill and omited the pimientos using spring onion from the garden and a mixed pregrated cheese of mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan and the salmon had been smoked and was thinly sliced. The DM and I thoroughly enjoyed and woe to go in 15 minutes made it a very quick and filling lunch. Thank you Nif made for Went to Market.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!