India Chicken Curry
photo by Maryland Jim
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 2 cups rice, cooked and hot
- In a medium saucepan cook the onion and celery in hot margarine or butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and curry powder.
- Add the chicken broth and worcestershire sauce.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and tomato juice;.
- heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve over hot rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
*Reviewed for Aussie NZ Recipe Swap May 2008* 5 stars as this was quick and easy to make, tasted great and my family all enjoyed it. After reading the previous reviews I decided to add extra onion and celery, used a good quality chicken stock, added about 3 teaspoons of curry powder and I used a bottled tomato pasata sauce instead of the tomato juice. Tasted wonderful and not at all lacking in flavour. Photo also being posted
I loved how quickly this recipe came together. My two youngest children really enjoyed the flavor, but my son and I thought the dish need a bit more spiciness. When I make this again, I'll try the other reviewers' suggestions of adding in garlic and using V8 juice. Made for Green, Ham and Eggs in the Asian forum.
see 4 more reviews