Immigrant Irish Stew
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 onions, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 carrots, scraped and cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups beef broth
- Layer half of the potato slices on the bottom of a large, heavy pot.
- Cover with half of the onion slices, then top with all of the carrots and parsnip.
- Layer the lamb pieces evenly over the vegetables and sprinkle with thyme, Worcestershire, salt and black pepper.
- Layer with the remaining potato and onion slices.
- Pour broth over all ingredients and bring to a light boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours, or until lamb is very tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
What can I say about myself that hasn't already been mentioned in the police reports? Just kidding! I'm a single guy who loves to cook! Good thing, or I'd starve or go broke eating out! I love to read, horror and mysteries are my favorite. Love music, (except rap) and I'm a huge Green Bay Packer Fan!