Ice Cream Bombe
- Ready In:
- 2 pints mango sorbet, softened
- 1 1⁄2 pints raspberry sorbet, softened
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, softened
- Freeze an 8" bowl for 30 minutes. When frozen, place the softened mango sorbet into it. Cover the bottom of a 6 1/2" bowl with plastic wrap and press it down firmly into the mango sorbet to make a deep well. Freeze the sorbet for 30 minutes. Take out of the freezer and remove the 6 1/2 inch bowl and the plastic.
- Spread an even layer of softened raspberry sorbet on top of the frozen mango sorbet. Line the bottom of a 4 1/2 inch bowl with plastic wrap and press down hard on top of the mango sorbet to form another well. Freeze for 30 minutes. Take out of the freezer and remove the 4 1/2 inch bowl and the plastic wrap.
- Spoon in enough softened strawberry ice cream to fill the space left by the removed 4 1/2 inch bowl. Smooth out the top of the ice cream. Freeze until hard (about 40 minutes).
- To unmold, dip the 8 “ bowl up to the rim in warm water. Run a warmed flat knife around the edge to loosen and unmold, upside down, onto a flat platter. Re-freeze until ready to serve. Take out of the freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Serve sliced into wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!