Strawberry Custard Bombe
A pretty dessert which my kids much prefer over Christmas pudding.
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 15mins
- 1 (250 g) packet jelly sponge rolls (small rolls - & more if there is a snacking husband)
- 200 g strawberry jelly crystals
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (600 ml) carton custard
- Line a pudding basin with strips of foil.
- Cut each rollette into 8 slices.
- Line basin with slices (keep aside enough to use to cover the base).
- In a separate bowl, combine jelly& boiling water.
- Stir until jelly is dissolved, then stir in the custard.
- Pour into pudding basin, top with remaining rollettes.
- Cover& refrigerate overnight.
- Turn out on a serving plate.
- Serve with cream if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Right American Trifle this is! Very yummy, but mine did not go as straihgt forward as one would imagine. I used Jello crystals with raspberry flavor and the package size is 85g, used 2 of them. For the custard I used the type you make with milk and custard powder, the english way. The result was not pink but very bright neon red. Also the raspberry flavor was overpowering the custard flavor. Seems like my home concoction custrd wasn't quite up to it. Also, when I poured the still liquid jelly on top of the sponge slices, they sucked all that red liquid in them and started floating in the liquid. I think next time it would be good idea to let the jelly set a little before pouring it on the sponge slices. In the end it all tasted great though, regardles of the looks.Reply
see 3 more