How to Bake Brown Rice in the Oven
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw brown rice
- 3 3⁄8 cups water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Add 1 1/2 cups raw brown rice to bottom of a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. (Or do 1 cup in an 8x8-inch glass baking dish.).
- Spread evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in liquid at a ratio of 2 1/4 times the amount of rice you used. I generally do water, but if I want a bit more flavor, I will do half water and half chicken or vegetable broth. (2.25*1.5=3.375, or 3 3/8 cup of water for this recipe.).
- Press down and floating rice with a flat spatula.
- Once all the rice is at the bottom and no longer floating -- Wrap tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Let cool slightly before removing the foil -- there will be lots of steam and you don't want to get a steam burn!
- Fluff with a fork, season with salt and pepper and serve.
- And that's how you do it friends!
- Simple, deliciously perfect brown rice, baked in the oven!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.