Hot Tuna Sandwich
Need a little variety in your tuna sandwich for lunch? This recipe's a winner. Hot, creamy, and spicy (although you can leave out the jalapenos if you prefer). You won't want to eat a plain tuna sandwich after this. Recipe from Home Cookin' With Dave's Mom (David Letterman).
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 7 ounces tuna, water packed, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, whipped
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Scoop the center out of the buns, and fill with mixture.
- Wrap in boil and heat at 425 for 15 to 20 minutes.
- These sandwiches can be frozen and reheated later (if you have leftovers).