Hot German Potato Salad for the Weight Watcher or Diet
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- 6 cups sliced raw potatoes (30 oz)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon of branston pickle (Can be found in the "Irish food section" of Super Stop and Shop)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup imitation bacon bits
- IN a slow cooker, combine potatoes, onion and celery.
- In a medium bowl, combine water, vinegar, sugar, tapioca, black pepper and parsley flakes.
- Pour mixture over potato mixture.
- Mix well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Stir in bacon bits.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks for a great recipe! Everyone loved this! I have never used Branson pickles and this was a great find. I can't wait to try them in other recipes. I added a little extra along with some vinegar. Unfortunately I forgot to add the bacon bits but will do it next time. Agains thanks this recipe is a keeper!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Very busy nanny/au pair, working for a very rich and snooty family, in a very large home, in a very snooty village. Just in case my employer comes here, please don't ask where I am from, or I'll be sacked like the last nanny was. ;-) I take care of 4 gorgeous, and darling kids. 3 girls and a boy. The boy is the youngest (and my favorite). They are great children, very, very active. (Hyper) I love to cook. I guess that's a given, why else would I be here. Part of my job is also to prepare meals for the family. The more they like my food, the longer I get to stay. (just a little joke) On my day off, I usually go out to the cinema or some dance clubs with the other au pairs in this town. That's about it I think.