Hot Bean Salad
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen Italian cut green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- In screw-top jar, combine first 7 ingredients; cover and shake well.
- Pour over beans and onions.
- Chill 4 to 24 hours.
- Heat bean mixture till hot through; drain.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is so easy ~ I love easy recipes ~ and so flavorful. I made this tonight and had to taste it of course, and I'm so glad I chose this recipe, as I plan on taking it to our Thanksgiving Day dinner. I'm sure my MiL will be thrilled with it. UPDATE: 091127 ~ This was a HUGE HIT with the family at Thanksgiving and it was delicious ~ the first serving dish to get emptied. Thanks MDJim for a fast and delicious new side dish. Made for ZAAR COOKBOOK TAG, November 2009!
Fantastic flavored bean salad!!! I made this using one can of french style green beans, drained, so then cut the rest of the recipe in half. I only marinaded the beans and onions for about 3 hours, so I let it cook for awhile after they were heated through, to allow the flavors to cook into the veggies. Thanks for a great green bean recipe Jim!!! Congrats on your win in the 1st football pool of 09!!! :-)