Hot and Zippy Sandwich Loaf
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Carefully trim crust from top of bread.
- At equal intervals make six diagonal cuts from top of loaf almost through to bottom.
- Place loaf on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Mix butter, onion, mustard, poppy seeds, lemon and pepper; reserve 3 tbsp of mixture.
- Spread butter mixture into cuts.
- Alternate two cheese slices and two meat slices in each cut allowing each to come slightly over the top and sides of bread.
- Spread reserved butter mixture over top and sides and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cover with foil the last 10 minutes of baking.
- To serve cut through diagonal cuts between meat slices and bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
OK lets see...My name is Diane and I'm married to a wonderful guy -- going on 20 years. We have 2 kids -- 1 daughter and 1 son a 70lb german shepard, a fat cat and a very snobby cat! I work a couple of days a week in the Loop and the rest of my time is spent sitting at the kids sporting events. I love to try new recipes. Luckily, hubby will try just about anything. The kids aren't so eager about that, but are generally very good sports about it!