Hot and Sour Catfish Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 catfish fillets, medium to large size depending on how much fish you want
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 roma tomatoes, rough chop
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 celery ribs, cut thinly on the diagonal
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package bean sprouts (I guessed on the size of the package, so just buy a small package)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, rough chop, no stems
- Cut catfish into large chunks (2 bites per piece).
- Place in dutch oven and add all ingredients from Scallions to Lemon Juice.
- Stir mixture to coat fish and let marinade for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook fish and marinade mixture over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir mixture and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Boil 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat to simmer and add celery, sprouts, cumin and cilantro.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon fish soup over rice if desired, and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 36 year old mother of 2. I'm currently a stay at home mom. Running is my newest passion.