Sausage and Potato Soup
photo by Bobtail
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) package sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
- 1 (1 lb) package hot sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can milk, to thin
- Fry sausage and onion together, do not drain.
- Put the sausage and onion in a large sauce pan.
- Add all of the other ingredients and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender as you would like.
- Add 1 tablespoons of black pepper and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Thin with milk.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Enjoyed this soup so much. Super easy to make with ingredients I always have in the pantry/fridge. I used low-fat versions of the creamed soup and it still had great flavor and texture. I loved the little bite of heat from the hot sausage. I made the full amount and my family of six pretty much nailed it. Very filling and comforting on a bitter cold day. Thanks for the recipe.