Honeyed Banana Nut Yogurt
A yummy versatile breakfast, snack, or dessert dish that's healthy too! The plain non-fat yogurt makes it a little tangy, which I love, but you could always use vanilla yogurt.It's very quick, easy, and kid friendly. My three year old loves it.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt (I like Nancy's, it's less sour)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup banana, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons nuts, coarsely chopped (walnuts, pecans,almonds,cashews)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix together in the serving bowl yogurt and splenda or sugar. Unless you like it really tangy, then don't add any sweetner.
- Sprinkle yogurt with banana, then nuts.
- Drizzle honey over top of the nuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Yummy! I used a low carb vanilla yogurt, omitted the Splenda & used about 1 tsp chopped almonds. Next time I might try using granola! I drizzled honey on the top; didn't really measure it. Also, I think I'll mix some sugar free strawberry preserves into the vanilla yogurt for some more flavor. Very yummy! A great snack...thank you for sharing!
Wow. I went to use vanilla yogurt in this recipe because I have never liked the bite of plain (But I use it to bake) but found that I am almost out. So I decided to try it with the fat free plain, not planning on enjoying it that much. Well, the addition of some splenda and the rest of the ingredients changed my mind! I used half a banana (didn't measure it out), and 1 tbsp. sliced almonds (mostly because they are less Weight Watchers points), plus 1 tbsp. honey. With the way I made it, this was 4 WW points. A great breakfast. Thanks!