Honey Walnut Shrimp
photo by Shesbittersweet
- Ready In:
- 1 lb large shrimp (peeled and deveined, with tails removed)
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 4 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup oil (for frying)
- In a small sauce pan mix water and sugar. Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes, drain and place on a baking sheet to dry.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Stir in cornstarch until it becomes somewhat thick. Dip shrimp into the batter. Heat oil in a deep fryer and fry shrimp in batches in oil until golden brown (about 5 minutes). Drain on paper towels.
- In a serving bowl, mix mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk. Add shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce. Add walnuts and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!