Honey Roasted Peanuts
Make your own! I was surprised not to find this recipe on here - it's very easy and tastes better than store bought canned. I clipped this recipe from some newspaper. If you like really sweet then try sprinkling with sugar. DO NOT USE MARGARINE - THEY WILL BURN OR GET TOO DARK. Photos taken by me on 2/26/06.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups peanuts (not raw)
- 2 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place peanuts in a bowl.
- Heat butter and honey together, in microwave or on stove top, stirring well; Toss with peanuts.
- Spread peanuts on a cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 5 to 10 minutes; After the 1st 5 minutes check them & stir every 1 or 2 minutes until peanuts are golden brown - the glaze will thicken and darken.
- Remove, stir while cooling for 5 - 10 minutes until they no longer stick together.
- *Sprinkle with salt (optional) or mix it in with the honey & butter mixture; you can also toss with sugar.
- *I saw these at a Chinese restaurant covered with Powdered Sugar - yummy!
- These taste great while they're warm! (and may leave a little butter on your fingers).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I used 2tbspn butter, 3 tblspn honey and 1 teaspoon salt in the melted butter and honey. I only just melted the butter and honey; didn’t boil mixture for a minute like with Carmel corn. Had to bake them much longer to get them golden - about 15 minutes. In the end they were not very sweet and way too salty. I’d look for another recipe next time.