Vendor Style Honey Roasted Peanuts
Delicious and easy to make. No oven needed! I got this recipe from a different website, but changed the directions a bit. The recipe calls for roasted peanuts, but mine weren't and it still came out great.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups roasted peanuts (skin on)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Mix the sugar and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Bring the honey, water and oil to boil in a saucepan.
- Add the peanuts to the honey mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- When the liquid is practically gone, add the sugar and salt and continue stirring on low heat until sugar has turned reddish-brown approximately 5 more minutes. You will recognize the honey roasted peanut look.
- Take off heat and spread in one layer on a cookie sheet or foil until it cools. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was an easy recipe and the family loves it. I did some modifications. I used a little more water and honey (approximately 4 tbsp per cup of peanuts) and put in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes after placing on baking sheet. When cooling, I stirred the nuts and sprinkled sugar/salt mix on top. This eliminates the peanut brittle taste and look.Reply
Delicious! This recipe is very quick and easy to make, and has a taste that is like a combination of honey roasted peanuts and peanut brittle. I used roasted Spanish peanuts as they were the only ones that I could find with a skin on them. My family loved these nuts and I will definitely be making them again. Thank you for sharing this wonderful, quick and easy recipe.1Reply
see 1 more