Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 honeydew melon
- 2 kiwi fruits
- radicchio, leaves
- Rinse chicken in cold water, pat dry with paper towels and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Peal and mince the garlic. Heat 1 T oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant stirring constantly. Salt and pepper the chicken and add to pan. Cook for 4 - 5 minutes until lightly browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Dressing: in a medium bowl stir the honey, mustard and lemon juice. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Use a melon baller to get honeydew balls (or cut into small squares). Peel the kiwis and cut them in half lengthwise and then in slices.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken with the melon balls and kiwi's, add dressing and gently stir.
- Arrange on plate over radicchio leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is a true delight! Fresh and tasty, like summer on a plate. I had some leftover chicken grilled in recipe #483310 so I used that and skipped the step of cooking the chicken - it was a terrific match and made lunch that much easier. The dressing is terrific and perfect with the fruits and chicken. Served over leaf lettuce because that's what I had on hand. Just loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love trying new recipes and once a month cooking (though I don't do it as often as I'd like). I am absolutely getting hooked on the tag games! Thank you to everyone who has tried my recipes, I hope you're liking them as much as my family does! My favorite magnet is one I got from my MIL that has a bunny hopping around saying I'm to busy to be organized. Story of my life. I have three great kids who are growing up way too fast, I'm not ready for empty nest syndrome. I married a wonderful man in 2009 who took me to Alaska on our honeymoon, It was one of the top two places I've always wanted to visit (not one he really had a desire to go to). Next year he's taking me to the other one he and I both want - Australia. Guess I like places that start with A's. My 2010 Tag Games & Swaps: <img src="http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae146/buzymomof3/st.jpg"> <img src="http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/HerbsandSpicesSwap2009Sticker.jpg"> Sign up was 2009, boxes were 2010 <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg"> My 2009 Tag Games: <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/redbannercopy.jpg" border="0" alt="New Kids Participation Banner"> <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/BBG-AMbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/holidaybadge.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"X> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Banners/holidayprmr2.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Holiday-plaid_HPI.gif"> <img src="http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/Recipes/makemyrecipebannnner.jpg">