Honey-Ginger Glazed Salmon and Risotto
- Ready In:
For the salmon
- 2⁄3 cup sage honey (I used basic clover honey)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated peeled ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless salmon fillets (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
For the risotto
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice or 1 1/2 cups medium-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
For the Salmon:
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, juice, water, ginger and garlic.
- Pour honey mixture into a 9" x 13" x 2" Pyrex baking dish, arrange fish in pan, skinned side up. Let stand 20 minutes. Turn fish over, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoons salt and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and preheat broiler.
- Brush fish with honey mixture and broil for 7 minutes, (As you can see, the honey mixture started to burn a bit after about 5 minutes, so I took the fish out and it was perfectly done.) or until fish is browned and flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
For the Risotto:
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer. Cover the broth and keep hot over low heat.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender but not brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with the butter. Add the wine and simmer, until the wine has almost completely evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 Cup of the simmering broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Continue cooking the rice, adding the broth 1/2 Cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition of broth to absorb before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite and the mixture is creamy, about 20 minutes total.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, the remaining TBS. of butter, salt & pepper and the basil (if so desired).
- Transfer the risotto to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!