Honey Cashew Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 6 ounces snow peas, trimmed (about 2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 tbs water wit hcornstarch until smooth. Whisk in honey, soy sauce, and broth.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper; cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until opaque, 5-6 minutes. Add snow peas, bell pepper and cashews, and continue stir-frying for 1-2 minutes. Stir reserved sauce and pour it in to skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until sauce is bubbling and has thickened. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve over rice if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!