Honey Biscuits (Cookies)
photo by Sara 76
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- In a very large bowl thoroughly combine all ingredients except flour.
- Gradually stir in flour until you get a stiff mix that is neither dry nor sticky. Quantity of flour will vary every batch.
- Cover bowl with lid or plastic wrap and set aside overnight.
- Next day. Preheat oven to moderate (180 degrees Celsius). Now, either roll out and cut out shapes or roll into balls. Press halved, skinned almonds onto balls. Either way, allow enough room between biscuits for slight spreading.
- Baking time will vary depending on thickness of biscuit. The biscuit will have a nice golden colour when done and still be soft. Allow to set for a couple of minutes on tray before putting onto a wire rack to cool. A thin biscuit will be crisp whilst a 'ball' will be softer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really messed this up, and I still dont know how :( The only thing I can think of is that I halved the recipe, but maybe not the sugar. So, I put my bag of sand in the fridge for a few days, then creamed some butter, and added enough of my sand to make a dough. I rolled them and baked them, and though they are (obviously) not like your mum's, I have to say the spicy flavour is wonderfull!! I will try these again, and do it right, and rate it :)