The easiest and best mayo recipe ever, you will never buy store bought again. I have had this recipe so long, I don't know who/where I got it from--maybe foodtv.net or juliachild.com ??
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 3 cups sunflower oil (c but never olive) or 3 cups vegetable oil (c but never olive)
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a blender, add eggs and vinegar.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, paprika and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the oil.
- Turn on blender to lowest speed until egg mix is combined.
- While blender is still on, add the oil mix in a very thin and steady stream until fully incorporated. About 2-3 minutes. Mixture will be VERY THICK.
- Slowly incorporate the lemon juice.
- Store in large mason jar in the refrigerator for about 4 weeks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is really good. I was looking for a new blender mayo recipe, as the one I usually use hasn't worked well lately. I don't have an actual blender, but I used my immersion blender and made it right in the mason jar. I cut the recipe in thirds, as I don't use mayonnaise that often, but it divided very easily.<br/><br/>I was a little nervous about the amount of paprika, but it was okay. I might try a combination of paprika and white pepper the next time. (Less color and more zing.) I used a champagne vinegar and fresh lemon juice.<br/><br/>I know you said (repeatedly) not to use olive oil, but that's all I ever use. I buy an extra light variety, with little color or flavor. (I even bake with it. It really is pretty tasteless.)<br/><br/>So, now I'm off to devil some eggs. Thanks for the recipe, BratGyrl!Reply