Homemade Ice Cream - No-Cook Version
Mother's no-cook very versatile ice cream recipe that's rich and creamy. Add fruits of your choice, peppermint candy, or chocolate chips and marshmallows. Time does not include churning ice cream.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (13 ounce) cans evaporated milk (skim or whole)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 quarts milk (skim or whole)
FOR FRUIT VERSION
- 1 -3 cup mashed fresh fruit, such as strawberries or 1 -3 cup peach (puree in blender) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 1⁄2 cups sugar, as needed to sweeten fruit (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients and 1 quart of the milk, adding fruit if desired (optional).
- Pour into a 2-gallon ice cream freezer.
- Add enough of the remaining 1-quart milk to fill the ice cream canister to the fill line on the canister.
- You may not need all of this last quart.
- Do not over-fill the canister.
- Make ice cream according to manufacturer's instructions for the ice cream freezer/churn.
- VARIATION: For Peppermint and Chocolate: Crush 1 small bag of peppermint candy pieces and add 1 small (6 oz) bag of chocolate mini-chips.
- Add marshmallows and/or nuts, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars! I've been making ice cream this way for years, although I never use evaporated milk. I hate the cooked version. I'd rather just have store bought. But this is how homemade ice cream is supposed to taste. The texture and flavor are superb. We made ice cream for our employees one day for employee appreciation and being HR, it became my job. I used this recipe and everyone was wanting to know how I made it. I've also swapped regular milk for chocolate milk and...well, it just doesn't get any better than this! Thanks for sharing!!1Reply
see 6 more