photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 3 dried ancho chilies, pods
- 3 lbs pork butt
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 6 garlic cloves, quartered
- 3 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo (puree)
- Remove stems and seeds from chiles and tear into small pieces. Place them in a bowl and cover with boiled water; soak for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take the meat out of the fridge and quickly grind it. Place it back to the fridge while making the spice blend.
- In a medium bowl, combine smoked paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and allspice; whisk until well blended.
- Drain pasilla-ancho chiles well and transfer to a jar of a blender or food processor. Pour in red wine and add chipotle in adobo; process until smooth.
- Take ground meat out from the fridge, add dry spice blend and pasilla chipotle mixture. Wearing gloves, mix all the ingredients until meat is well coated. Before making links or patties, take a small piece of meat and cook to see if the seasonings need to be adjusted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
clubfoody.com is about combining fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a fun destination for foodies who love new recipes complete with videos and kitchen tips.